What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is the treatment of injury and disease using a physical approach as an alternative or adjunct to medication to promote and stimulate the body’s natural healing mechanisms and to restore normal tissue health and function.
What sort of conditions can physio help?
- Spinal problems – back and neck pain, sciatica, whiplash, headaches, pelvic pain during pregnancy, osteoporosis.
- Joint problems – shoulder, hip, knee and ankle pain and stiffness.
- Sports injuries – muscle / tendon strains, sprained ankle, tennis elbow.
- Children’s growth problems – poor posture, scoliosis, knee pain.
- Occupational complaints – postural back and arm / wrist pain
- Post operative rehabilitation – joint replacement, general surgery
- Neurological rehabilitation – stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkingsons.